All sports clubs are now live on Parentpay for after half term. The clubs are as follows;
Monday- KS1 Football
Tuesday- KS2 Football, Gymnastics
Wednesday- Streetdance, Cross country and Year 2-6 Multi sports
Thursday- Year 2-6 Girls Football
Friday- Year 2-6 Dodgeball
- Please note that cross country training is only running for 4 weeks.
Miss Clay’s class- Raimonds for always working hard and for making super progress in reading, writing and maths.
Mrs Thomas’ class- Leah for enthusiasm towards her learning in year 6- a great attitude, keep it up.
Mr Banfield’s class- Erin deserves the achievement award for demonstrating a great attitude to independent work.
Miss Myler’s class- Harvey for brilliant explanations.
Mr Jackson’s class- Charna-Mai for excellent following of the SMART code and a continued enthusiastic attitude to her learning.
Miss Macfarlane’s class- Noah for having a positive attitude towards our dance lesson this week.
Mrs McLaughlin/ Mrs Pablos’s class- Lily for a massive effort with home reading this week.
Mrs Trevor’s class- Harry for determined to improve his handwriting and presentation and quantity of work in all lessons. His love and enthusiasm for reading at home is shining through, super proud.
Miss Newport’s class- Emeli-may for fantastic effort and enthusiasm in all subjects.
Miss Jones’ class- Kieran for increased speed and a fantastic approach to all areas of his learning.
Miss Hailey’s class- Lilly for working hard all week, especially problem solving in maths.
Miss McCullagh’s class- for being so brave and for showing great determinations.
Mrs Plimmer’s class- Tobias for an excellent chance to shine, using adjectives and paragraphs.
Year 1,2,3 Star Reader– Poppy for lots of home reading, well done!
Year 4,5,6 Star Reader– Olly for reading and making a comment in his diary every night.
This half term the house point winners are Griffin. The dress down is this Monday coming – 10th February.
Each year at Newdale, we take part in Safer Internet Day (SID). This year it will take place on Tuesday 11th February. Your child will engage in a series of activities throughout the day with the aim of learning key ways to keep themselves and others safe online.
Please click on the link below to view the full letter.
Thank you for all your support with the value of the month for January, which was Independence. We had lots of positive feedback from you about how independent your child/children were at home and it was great to see so many of them carrying their own things into school! The teachers also noticed a big difference in the classroom, as many of the children showed their independent learning side!
Our value of the month for February is Caring
What is caring?
Feeling concern or interest about someone or something.
Our focus on Caring has three strands:
- Caring for ourselves, our belongings and our pets.
- Caring for the environment (indoors and outdoors) by the things we do and how we think.
- Caring about people (in our families, our friends, others who are different or less fortunate) by our actions.
Suggestions for parents to work with children at home:
- Explore what care is and what your child thinks it is.
- Talk about what makes a caring person.
- Discuss how we care for members of our family.
- Ask your child what they can do to show they care about school.
- Make a family list- “We show we care for…….by ………..”
- Make another list- “I find it difficult to care for………….. when…….”and then take time to discuss each item.
- Draw pictures showing people caring for others and the environment in different ways.
- Talk about the sort of world we would have if nobody cared.
- Identify all the different people who care for us and talk about how they show their feelings.
- Discuss feelings– How do you feel when you are caring for someone or something? How do you feel when you decide you don’t really care?
- Discuss the importance of personal hygiene e.g. brushing teeth twice a day, bathing etc.
Please let your child’s teacher know if we can celebrate any work from home, in school.
Feedback on the values and what you do at home is really valuable to us and we really appreciate all your support.
If you can support us in any way, please get in touch via the school office.
Miss Clay’s class- Gethin for great effort in literacy- creating some fabulous adverbials.
Mrs Thomas’ class- Jody Leigh for having the resilience to persevere even when things can be tricky!
Mr Banfield’s class- Tom for determination to succeed and produce bucket loads more work.
Miss Myler’s class- Poppy for her acts of environmental kindness.
Mr Jackson’s class- Harry for excellent behaviour and contributing positively to class discussion in all lessons.
Miss Macfarlane’s class- Isla for her amazing enthusiasm on our trip yesterday!
Mrs Trevor’s class- Kyron for his love of learning not only at school but home too. He shows enthusiasm around our topic and does extra at home.
Miss Newport’s class- James for a super week at school! Great attitude and working hard. Keep it up.
Miss Hailey’s class- Corben for super effort in all of his work this week.
Miss Cullagh’s class- Jessica-Lily for working incredibly hard on her handwriting and completing some super work in Literacy, independently.
Mrs Plimmer’s class- Bryan for fantastic listening skills and interest in The Great Fire of London.
Smart Cup Winners- Year 4 for behaviour on school trip to Black Country Museum yesterday.
Year 1,2,3 Star reader- James for making a real effort to read at home! (and even remembering to answer your comprehension questions)
Year 4,5,6 Star reader- Elliot for a great improvement in the regularity of his reading.
Please click on the link below to view the full brochure.