Thank you for all your donations to Children in Need, as a school and nursery we raised £312.91.
Thank you for all your support with the value of the month for October, which was Respect. Throughout October, children learnt the importance of being respectful towards all individuals by treating them equally and looking after people, animals, the environment and property.
Our value of the month for November is Friendship.
Friendship is an act of giving to others.
Ideas for the theme of Friendship are –
- Discuss ‘What is a Friend?’
- Talk about how we can care for our friends.
- Get your child to draw a picture of a special friend and write why they like them.
- Discuss, ‘The only way to find a friend is to be one’.
- Talk about being a good friend and get your child to think about what kind of friend they are. How does being a friend influence their behaviour?
- Get your child to make two lists-
- What have you done this week that was friendly to others?
- What have you done this week that was unfriendly to others?
- Discuss what they write and give positive praise and encouragement for friendly behaviour.
- Talk about what makes a good friend – this can be to brothers and sisters too!
- Complete each of these with as many answers as possible:
- I’ll try to be a good friend by…..
- What I like about my friends is ….
Please let your child’s teacher know if we can celebrate any work from home, in school.
There will be a change to the school menu on Thursday 24th October the school kitchen will be serving fish and chips followed by chocolate crunch instead of the advertised hotpot.
The Severn Teaching School Alliance is based in Telford, and offers Primary and Early Years Teacher Training in conjunction with the University of Chester, via the School Direct route. Candidates need to have a degree, plus GCSE 4-9 or equivalent in English, Maths and Science to apply, and successful completion of the course provides candidates with QTS and a PGCE.
Now recruiting for September 2020, if successful in gaining a place trainees can look forward to a training year which will include two contrasting placements in Telford schools in two different key stages, and training sessions with their whole cohort delivered in Telford by trainers who are not only experts in their particular field but familiar with Telford & Wrekin schools. A large proportion of Associate Teachers secured permanent employment within Telford schools following successful completion of the course last year.
Interested or know someone who may be? STSA hold weekly ‘drop in’ sessions, each Tuesday evening during term time from 5pm – 6pm at Park Lane Centre, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ. This informal session will give you the chance to have all your questions answered. For more details visit the website, www.severnteachingschool.co.uk, email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 01952 387237. You can also link with STSA via Facebook (Severn Teaching School Alliance), or through Twitter (@severntsa).