Well done to both the gymnastics star of the week, this week.
Thank you for all your support with the value of the month for November, which was Friendship. The work that you did at home with the children has really helped us to reinforce the idea of friendship and how we see others.
Our value of the month for December is Peace
We can split peace into two areas:
External peace-in the world and in relationships needed for a civilised society
Internal peace:- the feeling of self-contentment with who we are and what we have.
Suggestions for parents to work with children at home.
- Talk about a special place where you can sit quietly and think. Why do we need to be quiet and peaceful sometimes? Discuss how you feel inside when you are quiet and peaceful.
- Talk about the sort of things that make you feel peaceful inside. How important is peace in our lives?
- Discuss what it means to have peace in your family. What sort of things disrupt the peace in your family? What can help the family be more peaceful?
- Talk together about situations that make you angry and ways of finding peaceful solutions.
- How can we try to control angry feelings and replace them with calmer, peaceful ones?
- Try to explore how feelings can escalate and small upsets become big and out of control
- Discuss the question: ‘Are people naturally peaceful, or do they need to be taught?’
8.Make a list:
– reasons to be selfish, greedy, cruel etc.
– what teaches us to be violent, cruel?
– what stops us being bad?
– what teaches us to be kind?
- Discuss: Fighting among friends and family– why does it happen? How can it be avoided? How can we have peaceful relationships? What is a peaceful person?
- Talk about how you think we can stop wanting things, status, attention etc so that we can feel more contentment and peace.
- Discuss scenes on television that show arguments. What makes people argue and lose their temper? Think of five thing you can do to prevent arguments.
- Help your child to make a poster on what others should not do, or what behaviours you would like from others.
- Complete the following sentences:
If I want to feel relaxed and peaceful I……
Peace is ……………………….
The most peaceful place I can remember is………………..
- Let your children know when you appreciate them being a ‘giver of peace’. Acknowledge their positive efforts towards communication during an argument or disagreement.
Please let your child’s teacher know if we can celebrate any work from home, in school.
If you can support us in any way, please get in touch via the school office.
Miss Clay’s class- Sophie for fantastic attitude towards learning during assessment week.
Mrs Thomas’ class- Sam for marvellous effort in Maths and literacy- super ‘can do’ attitude.
Mr Banfield’s class- Anya for perseverance in assessment week and being an all round superstar.
Miss Myler’s class- Joseph for going above and beyond with his viking homework.
Mrs Trevor’s class- Evie for always being kind and considerate to all not only at school but at home too.
Mrs McLaughlin/ Mrs Pablos’s- Khadija for being a kind, helpful and hardworking member f our class.
Miss Macfarlane’s class- Ella for making great progress with her writing.
Mr Jackson’s class- Rocco for being caring, polite and a pleasure to have in the classroom.
Miss Newport’s class- Orla for putting 100% effort into every lesson.
Miss Jones’ class- Daisy-mae for fantastic work with Nativity practise.
Miss Hailey’s class- Jonathan for wonderful chance to shine writing.
Miss Cullagh’s class- Jenson for fantastic behaviour and effect on his return to school.
Mrs Plimmer’s class- Tobias for a fantastic independent attitude in maths this week.
Year 1,2,3 Star Reader- Izabel
Year 4,5,6 Star Reader- Evie
We have been donated tree saplings from The Woodland Trust. We will be planting these on Friday 6th December from 9.00am onwards. If you could spare a little time to help out please come and join us. All welcome, parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts. If you have a trowel to dig a small hole this would be very helpful.
I know as proud parents you will want to take photos/videos of your child performing in the nativity and/or other events. However, please note a number of parents have not consented to photos being taken of their children in school and some of the children in school are currently in care.
Therefore the taking of photos/video does cause the school some safeguarding concerns.
Please can I therefore ask that if you do take photos/video please try and only take images of your children where possible and do not post any images on your social media pages.
Tickets for year 2 parents/carers are now live on Parentpay for the year 1&2’s Christmas play on Friday 13th December at 2.15pm. Regards
Tickets for year 1 parents/carers are now live on Parentpay for the year 1&2’s Christmas play on Friday 13th December at 9.15am. Regards
Tickets are now live on Parentpay for the reception’s Christmas play in the school hall on Thursday 12th December. Regards
Tickets are now live on Parentpay for the reception’s Christmas play at Rock Church. Tickets are first come first served due to limited space inside. Regards