Key Targets 2019 – 2020
Main whole school targets:
- To raise the attainment of higher achieving children in EYFS by 10% in all areas with a particular emphasis on boys (2018/19 Exceeding whole school cohort Reading 13% (B 9% vs G 16%), Writing 8% (B 6% vs G 12%), Number 10% (B 9% vs G 16%)
- To increase the Year 1 phonics pass rate for all groups. (2018/19 Whole cohort: 86% (minus 9% on previous year), B 85% vs G 88%, PPG 88% vs Non PPG 86%.
- To increase the attainment of KS1 girls in all subjects for ARE and GDS (2018/19 Reading ARE 82%, GDS 36%, Writing ARE 79%, GDS 32%, Maths ARE 71%, GDS 29% – all below previous year).
- To increase the attainment of KS2 girls in writing (2018/19 G ARE 88%, GDS 40% Below previous year (ARE 100%, GDS 43%). To increase the attainment of girls in Maths GDS (2018/19 G GDS 16% Below previous year (23%) and below National (22%).
- To increase the attainment of KS2 boys in writing (2018/19 B GDS 17% National 15%, previous year 22%).
- To increase the percentage of KS2 GDS combined (2018/19 12% previous year 18%).
- Children to more regularly discover Scientific ideas for themselves and to work independently – fully plan, carry out and analyse themselves.
- To develop staff subject knowledge & understanding in SPAG terminology and to make vocabulary used consistent across the school.
- To continue to promote and embed all aspects of the E-Safety curriculum to pupils with a particular emphasis on health including mental health.
- To embed newly designed curriculum focusing on shifting knowledge and skills to long term memory and utilising the local area.
- To increase the use of ICT across school.