Thank you for all your support with the value of the month for January, which was Independence. We had lots of positive feedback from you about how independent your child/children were at home and it was great to see so many of them carrying their own things into school! The teachers also noticed a big difference in the classroom, as many of the children showed their independent learning side!
Our value of the month for February is Caring
What is caring?
Feeling concern or interest about someone or something.
Our focus on Caring has three strands:
- Caring for ourselves, our belongings and our pets.
- Caring for the environment (indoors and outdoors) by the things we do and how we think.
- Caring about people (in our families, our friends, others who are different or less fortunate) by our actions.
Suggestions for parents to work with children at home:
- Explore what care is and what your child thinks it is.
- Talk about what makes a caring person.
- Discuss how we care for members of our family.
- Ask your child what they can do to show they care about school.
- Make a family list- “We show we care for…….by ………..”
- Make another list- “I find it difficult to care for………….. when…….”and then take time to discuss each item.
- Draw pictures showing people caring for others and the environment in different ways.
- Talk about the sort of world we would have if nobody cared.
- Identify all the different people who care for us and talk about how they show their feelings.
- Discuss feelings– How do you feel when you are caring for someone or something? How do you feel when you decide you don’t really care?
- Discuss the importance of personal hygiene e.g. brushing teeth twice a day, bathing etc.
Please let your child’s teacher know if we can celebrate any work from home, in school.
Feedback on the values and what you do at home is really valuable to us and we really appreciate all your support.
If you can support us in any way, please get in touch via the school office.