Led by Mrs Bishton
Sex and Relationship Education sessions contribute to promoting the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and is concerned with helping children make responsible decisions about the relationships they form with others and helping them understand the changes and challenges which sexual maturity brings.
Aims of Sex and Relationships Education
– To provide accurate information and challenge misconceptions
– To clarify values and attitudes (including LGBT and homophobic bullying).
– To understand the cycle of life process
– To promote informed decision making and responsible behaviour, with an emphasis on online and social media.
– To foster understanding and positive acceptance of their own physical and emotional development
– To foster and develop respect for self and others (including LGBT and homophobic bullying).
Please see RSE overview below to see objectives for each year group: