Update 29th April 2020

Update 29.4.21

Dear Parents/Carers,

As some of you will see, the plume of smoke is still in existence, but thankfully staying away from us.

I am meeting the Health and Safety council Lead onsite at 7am tomorrow to assess the site again.

The strategic update meeting between the council, health professionals and the fire department is happening now and we will receive some predictive information shortly.

We hope to again be open tomorrow, but as I have said, if smoke changes direction and puts the school as a direct hit, we may need to rethink.

I will update you later today with more probability information when I receive it. We are sorry that we can not give you a 100% straight answer at this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

MIss Cook

Further Update From Miss Cook

Dear Parents / Carers,

I have just been updated by the Council and as promised, I am letting you know straight away what the situation is.

They have informed us that we need to keep our school closed tomorrow.

This is an evolving situation and it is unclear where the plume of smoke will be tomorrow and so the decision was made by the Council, to enable you to make arrangements with more notice.

As stated previously, we will be continuing our online learning offer, so please refer to your child’s class page for more information.

We are hopeful that the situation will soon be resolved, resulting in the safe reopening of our school.

More information will be shared as we receive it.

Regards

Miss Cook