Newdale Primary School and Nursery
A School of ‘doers, believers and achievers’.
Our community matters and our commitment to high expectations for all is at the core of everything we do.
We are a learning community where…
- Learning is a passion for children, staff, governors and parents alike
- Children are given time to reflect on their ideas, use their initiative and develop independent learning skills
- Risk-taking is encouraged in a stimulating, supportive environment where children are given the confidence to face setbacks with hope and resilience
- Every success is celebrated
- All learners, families and cultures – regardless of gender, ethnicity, faith or disability – are of equal value
- Children learn to feel safe, happy and supported in their learning and are shown how to maintain this
- All children develop the self-confidence and courage to believe that they can and will succeed
- All children experience excellent physical education, school sport and physical activity that will lead to life-long participation
- Dreams and aspirations are harnessed and nurtured
- Children are well prepared for life in modern Britain
“To become the person I need to be
To go further than I thought
To run faster than I hoped
To reach higher than I dreamed
To become the person I need to be”
Our vision statement was written after consulting with pupils, parents, Governors and staff. Reviewed Autumn Term 2016.
Governors links to the Vision Statement
Governors adhere to the school vision and are responsive to it initiating prompt action where needed which is fully embraced by the school community resulting in high impact. Links to the Vision Statement are checked on all of the notes of visit.
Governors future five year vision for the school
- Achieve and maintain an ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED result following future and ongoing inspections.
- Become a ‘Centre of Excellence’ with new and innovative ways of learning and be at the forefront of educational research.
- To ensure the schools unique individuality is grown and its personality is not lost within the community.
Agreed by all Governors at the Full Governing Body meeting November 2016.